Side hustle described by Entrepreneur as ‘a way to make some extra cash that allows you the flexibility to pursue what you’re most interested in’. A lot of people take up a side hustle at some point in their life whether it is to pursue a passion or maybe looking for some ways to make some extra cash. We’ve looked at the most common Side Hustles people do that are easier enough to take up this weekend.
1.Buying things and selling things on eBay
So you may see those people on your street who seem to get a lot of deliveries or who are always popping to the post office. Ebay is a great marketplace for Side Hustles. There are many ways to get involved :
- Buy something cheap and add custom designs to it such as T-shirts or coasters then sell it for a premium.
- You could bulk buy something from a supplier in another country, then sell it to your country as you know the product isn’t easily accessible in the UK e.g American sports fashion.
- Find collectible items/antiques at car boot sales or from suppliers and sell them to collectors online.
2. Teaching online
This is by far the easiest way to make large amounts of money without having to spend much. As long as you know something more than someone else, then you can start teaching. If you are a grade 3 pianist then you can teach people the skills for grade 1 and 2. Or do you speak another language you can start teaching that! So how would you get started?
- Decide what you want to teach and where you might know some people who want to learn
- Sign up to HowNow (so obviously I am going to suggest HowNow but it is truly awesome.) You can book a demo if you don’t believe me and sign up for a two week free trial!
- As long as you have some content you can get up and running in a day and start teaching straight away
3. Share your services
Do you have a car? Can you carpool or sign up for a delivery service or taxi service. Handy around the house? Sign up to task rabbit to become a helping hand and help people with all sorts of tasks from building IKEA furniture to putting up shelves. So many Side Hustles you could do with sharing your services.
4. Become a photographer
If you have a phone with a decent camera or an actual camera you could do this. Take amazing pictures, capture great moments and start uploading them to stock imagery sites that may buy your photos.
Someones you should check out:
- Foap– great to use on your phone and see challenges that brands and companies put out with a large cash prize for best picture.
5. Become a freelancer on the side
Are you really good at your job or maybe your really good at something which you can’t use in your job? Start freelancing on the side- hire out your skills and expertise to work with people in your downtime. You could be a graphic designer and maybe you want to freelance yourself to a small business to produce some graphics for them. Investigate where your expertise might be needed for great Side Hustles.